The fishing rod has been in existence for hundreds of years. New technology has seen improvements in materials like graphite, silicone guides and hypalon but in reality the basic principle design has never changed, until now.
In the mid 1990’s the introduction of Daiwa’s Interline took the world by storm. This revolutionary concept saw the elimination of guides and introduced the Interline design – no guides, no tangles, no stress. The fishing rod had evolved into the most advanced design ever… Interline.
For the past few years Daiwa Australia and Daiwa Japan’s rod engineers have been working together to design the most technically advanced rods ever seen, the Tournament Master Z Interlines. This is only the beginning, series like TMX, TD Surf and Sealine X are already here with more Interlines evolving in the near future. Daiwa’s Interlines will revolutionize the way you fish.
The Merits of Interline
1. Smooth bending curve – Interline rods bend evenly, no stress points provides maximum blank strength, unlike guided rods which create an uneven segmented curve with high stress points.
2. 360 degree axially symmetric tip – completely tangle free and provides equal performance at any angle, standard tip guides tangle easily and to get full performance they must be used at the same direction as the line.
3. No external weight – normal guides add weight, thus the action of the blank is degraded, Interlines guide structure is integrated inside the blank, and no external weight means the blanks true action is achieved.
4. Torque free – the line is located inside the blank, no guides to provide torque stress points, with many contact points torque and friction is reduced, normal external guides create high friction and torque reducing the life of the blank.
5. Linear Interline raised spirals – line is distributed evenly along the entire spiral structure, providing smoother retrieves and ultra smooth drag pressure.
6. No guides – no tangles, no guide breakages, even line control with convenient no tangling storage.
7. Extremely high sensitivity – with up to 200 linear contact points directly onto highly sensitive carbon, Interlines are inherently more sensitive compared to standard rods, guides are made of materials that absorb vibration “dulling” line sensitivity.