1. The tip section is of small diameter and leader knots can get entrapped inside the blank.
If you require larger leaders please keep the leader knot outside the blank. Daiwa recommends the following maximum leader knot diameters when using the recommended knots:
– TMZ and TMX series maximum 20lb
– TD Interline Surf maximum 50lb
– Sealine X maximum 30lb
2. Entrapped knots or line can damage the tip section.
3. The accessory threading wire is designed to operate with this rod, do not use any substitute materials or wire. Extra threading wires are available from Daiwa Service Dept or your nearest Daiwa stockist.
4. Do not kink, bend abruptly or otherwise abuse the threading wire. To store the feeder safely coil the wire by loosely winding it around the fingers or Daiwa recommends using the InterlineWire Case IL-2W.
5. Use the recommended knots for connecting leaders.
Like any other rod Daiwa’s interlines do require preventative maintenance for optimal performance. Daiwa recommends the following procedures.
1. Do not brush inside; this may damage the inside of the rod.
2. Accumulated water can be removed by whipping the rod.
3. After use rinse out the inside with freshwater and whip the rod to remove excess water. Allow to dry before storage. Do not apply oil or lubricant to the inside of the rod as this will impedeline flow.
4. Check tip guides for damage. Spare tip guides are available from Daiwa Service Dept or your nearest Daiwa stockist.
5. The exterior of the rod should be washed with freshwater after use.