Daiwa Reel Warranty Form – Click Here
Daiwa None-Reel Warranty Form (inc rods, line, lures, merchandise, etc) – Click Here
Daiwa Warranty Guidelines
This guide is designed to be an aid for Daiwa retailers and consumers to help clarify issues, concerns, and FAQs around the warranty of Daiwa Australia products.
Warranties can only be approved by Daiwa Australia or authorised Daiwa Australia Service Representative. Please use this guide to assess what is a warranty claim. If you are still in doubt after reading this guideline, please contact the Service Department of Daiwa Australia or original place of purchase.
To complete warranty registration for your purchase please fill in the Daiwa Product Warranty Registration Form. Once submitted, your product details will be filed for any future warranty claims.
Please ensure a clear photo of your proof of purchase is uploaded which displays the invoice/receipt number, Daiwa retailer store name, address and contact details, date of purchase and Daiwa product purchased.
All Daiwa reels are covered by a one-year warranty (from date of purchase for the original owner).
A five-year warranty applies to the below.
- 20 Saltiga Spin.
- Saltiga BJ Spin.
- Saltiga BJ Overhead.
- Saltiga LD
- Saltiga SD
- Certate LT range.
- Certate SW range.
- 16 Catalina.
- Luvias Airity.
- 20 Luvias.
- 17 Morethan.
- Steez CT.
- Steez SV.
- Steez A.
- Steez A HLC.
- Morethan PE TW.
- TD Luna
Daiwa Australia warrants the covered products to be free of all manufacturing defects. Within the warranty period, Daiwa Australia will repair or replace, free of charge; any part proving defective. All warranty repairs and service must be performed by a Daiwa Australia Service Technician or authorised Daiwa Australia Service Representative.
Please ensure you complete all required information in the [link to: online warranty registration form]. If you have any questions about the warranty on your reel, please contact us on the details below.
Electric Reel Warranty
Warranty on Daiwa Electric reels covers your purchase for 1 year, 100 hours or 100km of line wound, whichever comes first, from the date of purchase for the original owner.
Warranty on Daiwa rods covers your purchase for 1 year from the date of purchase for the original owner.
Reel Warranty does not apply to the following:
- Daiwa products that are purchased from non-approved Daiwa stockists.
- Daiwa products that are purchased from overseas.
- Damage or malfunctions caused by the owner’s negligence, lack of maintenance, accident or abuse. Examples include:
- Corrosion due to saltwater intrusion or neglect of maintenance or general care.
- Internal or external damage due to neglect, i.e., dropping or treading on a reel, internal or external damage due to a reel that has been disassembled and/or reassembled incorrectly.
- Normal wear and tear. Examples such as worn or noisy ball bearings, drag issues i.e., worn, sticking etc. are classified under ‘normal wear and tear’.
- Daiwa products that have been subjected to unauthorized alterations or modifications.
Daiwa products that have been serviced/modified by non-authorized Daiwa Australia Service technicians. Many screws holding Daiwa reels and their components together are assembled using locking agents and should never be unscrewed or undone. If they are, damage or failure will only be a matter of time. Mainly drive gears and main shaft assemblies are examples of this.
Rod Warranty does not apply to the following:
- Daiwa rods that are purchased from non-approved Daiwa stockists.
- Daiwa rods that are purchased from overseas.
- Damage caused by the owner’s negligence, lack of maintenance, accident, or abuse.
- Breakage due to rod being used with line heavier than the line recommendations indicated for the rod.
- Breakage due to rod being used with cast weight heavier than the cast weight recommended for the rod.
- Normal wear and tear.
- Rods that have been subjected to unauthorized alterations or modifications.
- Daiwa Products that have been modified by non-authorized Daiwa Australia Service technicians.
Warranties can only be approved by Daiwa Australia or a Daiwa Australia Representative. To request warranty please supply proof of purchase and a description of the problem you are experiencing, along with name, address and contact phone number. This information can be supplied to your nearest Daiwa dealer, original place of purchase or directly to Daiwa’s Service Centre.
To make a warranty claim on your rod please take it to your local Daiwa retailer or original place of purchase to have it assessed by a Daiwa Australia Representative.
Daiwa Service and Warranty Address
Attn. Service Dept
PO Box 7379
Warringah Mall NSW 2100
Attn. Service Dept
33 Cross Street
Brookvale NSW 2100
Daiwa Australia Service Dept
Ph. (02) 8644 8600