2022 Annual Competition is now closed.
The first D.Y.F.C. Annual Competition opened up to D.Y.F.C members from 1 March – 30 April 2022 with over $7,000 worth of prizes on offer.
25 species were chosen to allow young anglers Australia wide to participate. The competition was run using the new D.Y.F.C. App so members could enter their catches on the water and track their progress on the live leaderboards.
Stay tuned towards the end of the year for details on the 2023 Competition!
Catch a fish, take two photos (1 x your catch on your D.Y.F.C Measure Mat, 1 x you holding your catch while wearing your D.Y.F.C hat)
Submit your catch (along with catch details) into the D.Y.F.C Fishing App.
All images submitted will be posted on the D.Y.F.C website and will be visible to both D.Y.F.C members and non-members.
25 species have been chosen to allow anglers Australia wide to participate.
Prize winners for the Biggest Fish in each Species Category and a Prize for the Best Overall Angler and Runner-up Overall Angler (Combined Best Length of All Species).
- Do not fish in places where fishing is prohibited or dangerous.
- Never go fishing during heavy rains, waves, strong winds and warnings.
- Fishing should be done with adults and parents.
- Do not fish in a way that causes trouble to others.
- When you finish fishing, be sure to clean the surroundings and take your trash home with you.